|Minimum Order Quantity||1 Set|
|Application||Food Process Industry, Power Generation, Hydraulic and Industrial Process, Mining & Construction Industry, Pharmaceutical industry|
|Medium Used||Oil, Water, Air|
The overall heat transfer coefficient of borosilicate glass equipment compare favorably with many alternative process plant construction materials. This is because the smooth surfaces of the glass improve the film coefficient and reduce the tendency for fouling.
Shell and tube type heat exchangers are available with glass or Mild Steel (MS) Shells in combination with glass tube as standard. The shell, end bonnets can be supplied in other material of construction eg, CS, SS, PTFE lined, FRP, glass lined etc, depending on the process condition. The tube can also be supplied in Graphite ,Silicon Carbide.
Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger consists of a cylindrical shell which uses a glass tube bundle. Tubes are fixed in the tube sheet. Each tube is individually sealed by PTFE 'O' ring in the tube sheet at both ends.
Following are the advantage of using Shell & Tube heat exchangers:
- Larger heat transfers area in single unit
- Low pressure drop
- Easy tube replacement.
- The tube can be plugged in a case of breakage.
- Glass shell and tube heat exchangers are available up to 50 so. Mt
- Multi-pass up to 4 passes is available
- Horizontal, vertical or inclined orientation is possible in shell and tube heat
Following configurations are available for various duties:
- Glass Shell-Glass Tubes-Glass Bonnet
- Glass Shell-Glass Tubes-Metal Bonnet
- Metal Shell-Glass Tubes-Glass Bonnet
- FRP Shell-Glass Tubes-Glass Bonnet
- MS FEP Lined Shell-Glass Tubes-Glass Bonnet
- MS FEP Lined Shell-Glass Tubes-Metal Bonnet
- Glass Shell-Graphite Tubes-Glass Bonnet
- Glass Shell-Graphite Tubes-Metal Bonnet
- Metal Shell-Graphite Tubes-Glass Bonnet
- FRP Shell-Graphite Tubes-Glass Bonnet
- MS FEP Lined Shell-Graphite Tubes-Glass Bonnet
- MS FEP Lined Shell-Graphite Tubes-Metal Bonnet
We can also offer options
- Shell and tube heat exchanger –SS Shell, Glass Tubes and tube sheet backed by SS Plates
- Both types of heat exchangers are available in a wide range of nominal bores and are totally compatible with the other glass process plant and pipeline components described in the other chapters of this catalog.
- Glass heat exchangers have standard flat buttress end connection (with the exception of service connections on some smaller units).